Mental Health Therapist (MHT)
Posted on: Thursday, 4.28.2016
Grant Avenue & Ford Road Locations
– Full-time (Monday through Friday 8:30am-4:30pm)
– Part-time Social Competency Program (Monday through Thursday; 4:15-7:30pm)
– Summer Staff (May-August; full-time)
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise clients to ensure safety
- Interact with clients in nurturing and respectful way
- Implement the Center for Autism’s clinical philosophy by emphasizing the importance of individualized assessment and treatment planning
- Understand and interpret a client’s communicative intent and respond to it by intervening based on the child’s communication
- Initiate and maintain a shared experience with a client
- Continuously assess effectiveness of treatment interventions
- Plan and lead activities/groups for clients appropriate to developmental level and clinical needs
- Recognizes partnership of parents/guardians in the treatment of their children
- Complete all relevant documentation
- Maintain effectiveness in response to various situational demands
- Guide new employees in understanding appropriate responsiveness to clients
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors or Executive Director
Education & Experience
Minimum requirements for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited program in an area of human services, which includes but may not be limited to the following: psychology, counseling, criminal justice, and/or marriage and family therapy, and, a minimum of one (1) year direct care experience or one year supervised practice in lieu of the experience requirement.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited program in any area plus two years of direct experience.
- Participation in and completion of all mandatory in-services.
- Participation in at least ten (10) hours of documented additional in-services.
- Act 33 & 34 clearance
Employee must have the physical ability to lift children, play on the floor and run with/after children.